App Fest: Idea to App Store
You have an app idea, now what? Whether you’ve already started coding or think that app development might not be for you, App Fest can be your next step.
At the event you can meet with the team that develops the Ohio State App, learn the basics of code from Apple instructors, get into design thinking and learn to use your existing devices more effectively.
Throughout the day on October 23, you can pick and choose the sessions that match your interests and work with your schedule. Each workshop is offered at least two times, so pick the time that works for you.
You will be entered into a gift card raffle for each session you attend. More sessions = more chances to win.
This event is free and open to all students at Ohio State – just sign up!
October 23 Morning Sessions
October 23 Afternoon Sessions
More about each session:
- Start Coding with Swift and Xcode: Learn directly from Apple Instructors and build your first app during this 80-minute session. Instructors will guide students through Swift coding and Xcode in the Mac computer lab.
- Hidden Gems of the Ohio State and Discover Apps: In this short 20-minute session students will get a crash course in the Discover and Ohio State apps, exploring some of the best unknown features.
- Design Thinking in App Development: During this 20-minute session you’ll get a crash course in design thinking and how it comes to play in the world of app development.
- Q&A with Ohio State App Developers: Join Ohio State app developers and ask questions about their careers, app development, their favorite apps, ways to get started with coding and any other questions you might have about coding or development.
- Digital Flagship Mobile Design Lab: In this short 20-minute session you will explore the sketches and design ideas for the Digital Flagship Mobile Design Lab. You’ll hear about what programming is coming to the space and share your ideas for what a mobile design lab could provide to Ohio State and the community.
- Chat with Women Who Code: Connect with females at Ohio State who are part of the technology industry. In this 30-minute session, you'll be able to ask questions and learn about their experience with coding and technology.
- Game-changing iPad Tips and Tricks (iPad Required): You will explore strategies for making the most of your iPad and your experience using it. You will walk away with at least three new strategies for using your iPad that will help in the classroom and beyond.
- Mindful Use of Technology in a Highly Connected World: Explore strategies for managing technology in your life so that you increase efficiency and decrease the stress associated with tech, social media, etc. You'll leave this 20-minute session with strategies to apply to your life such as, how to be mindful about technology use and the connection of technology to wellness.
- Start Using Explain Everything Today(Digital Flagship iPad Required): Join Digital Flagship staff as you explore Explain Everything. This app was purchased through Digital Flagship for first-year students, though it is an app that requires some deeper exploration to learn how it can help in classes and life. It's a powerful tool. Come to learn some easy ways to put this app to work for you.
- Use Your Apple Device to Manage Time and Increase Efficiency: In this short 20-minute session you explore strategies for managing time and becoming more efficient with help from your iPad. Explore apps and features that help you to make the most of your time and focus.
- Students Who Code (Student Orgs and Student-Made Apps): Attend this 20-minute meet and greet session with organizations and students around campus that focus on coding and app development. These organizations and students have backgrounds from both an entrepreneurial and philanthropic perspective.
Questions about the event or the sessions? Send us an email at email@example.com