Receiving Your iPad for Fall 2021
This page includes information on what Digital Flagship technology kit distributions will look like for a variety of groups. Select an option below to find out how you will receive your iPad Air 4, Apple Pencil, Smart Keyboard and protective case.
If you are an undergraduate student eligible for a technology kit, check your BuckeyeMail inbox often for updates on iPad distribution and any steps you need to take. Eligible transfer students can follow these directions as well.
All distribution details are subject to change in alignment with university health and safety policies.
Here’s how the process works:
- Accept the Student Technology Agreement. If you haven’t already, sign your Student Technology Agreement and make sure you select to accept the terms of the agreement. This must be done before your pickup time.
- Watch your BuckeyeMail inbox for more instructions about pickup. It's a good idea to also update your mailing address just in case.
- Pick up your iPad.
- Set it up at home. Though you’ll be setting up your iPad at your residence, you won’t be on your own. Support is just a click, chat or call away!
If you are attending one of Ohio State’s regional campuses or will be taking all of your courses online this fall, your technology kit will be mailed directly to you.
To receive your kit prior to the start of classes you must:
- Update your mailing address. We cannot ship your device unless you’ve verified your mailing address. Reminder: this address cannot be a PO Box or a residence hall. If you will be living in a regional campus residence hall, your iPad will arrive prior to move-in at the mailing address you specify.
- Check your address in the UPS address validator so you can enter the address exactly as UPS formats it to avoid shipping delays. Include your city, state abbreviation and zip code.
- Update your mailing address by going to BuckeyeLink > Digital Flagship > Mailing Address. Evenif the correct address appears, you'll need to choose 'yes' and hit 'save' at the bottom of the page. The Ohio State mobile app can also be used to submit a mailing address. You can follow our step-by-step address verification instructions for either option.
- Sign your Student Technology Agreement.
- Be enrolled in at least one course for the autumn 2021 semester.
We will send you an email with tracking information once your iPad has shipped, and though you’ll be setting up your iPad at your residence, you won’t be on your own. Support is just a click, chat or call away!
What if I receive an iPad but choose not to attend Ohio State this fall?
If you choose not to attend Ohio State after getting your iPad you are required to either return or purchase your kit. You can find instructions on the return/purchase process on our website.
Will there be support for setting up my iPad?
I'm living off-campus but I'll be attending in-person classes on the Columbus campus. How will I get my iPad?
You'll need to pick up your technology from St. John. Arena. Follow the instructions for Columbus campus students outlined above.
What forms of ID are accepted at pickup?
You can use your BuckID or any state-issued photo ID. This can be a driver's license, state ID card or passport. If you don't have your physical BuckID yet, you can use the digital BuckID located in the Ohio State mobile app.
I'm an incoming graduate student. Will I get an iPad kit?
No, Digital Flagship only distributes iPad kits to eligible undergraduate students.
I'm a new international student taking online courses from outside the United States. Will I get an iPad kit?
Due to customs and content accessibility concerns associated with shipping technology internationally, Digital Flagship will not be able to provide iPad kits to enrolled students living outside the United States. An iPad kit will be held for you and distributed to you when you are able to take in-person classes on Ohio State’s campus. If you have access or technology concerns about online learning, please see the information for new students from the Office of International Affairs.
Don’t See Your Question Here?
Please keep a close eye on your email for more information about how you’ll receive your iPad. You can also learn more about iPad eligibility, signing your technology agreement and getting tech support on our website. You can find information online about the steps Ohio State is taking to keep our campus community safe and healthy.