Using the Ohio State App
The Ohio State University is a big place and it can feel a little overwhelming at first. Fortunately, the Ohio State app will help you navigate campus, locate transportation, and find the resources you need to succeed.
With the Ohio State app you can…
- Locate buildings on campus
- Find out where the nearest CABS stop is located
- View real-time bus tracking
- See what events are coming up (athletic and otherwise)!
- Find names and emails through 'find people'
- Locate parking
- Find nearby libraries and dining halls
- Check BuckID balance
- Check your class schedule
- Much more! New features are added throughout the year, be sure to keep your app up to date.
The “About You” tab provides several helpful tools including:
- Class Schedule
- Tap the “current term” tab to see your current classes listed for you with location, day, and time.
- View a weekly calendar.
- See your complete schedule history from past terms
- Tap the BuckID Merchants tab to see a list of stores and restaurants that accept BuckID payment.
- Tap the BuckID tab to see your BuckID account balance and transaction history.
- Check your final term Gerard’s as well as check your grades that are listed on Carmen.
- Statement of Account
- Check your account balance as well as any transactions.
- Find your advisor and a link to their email as well as any notes from previous meetings with your advisor.
- Find a list of parking garages on campus and whether or not those garages have any spaces left.
The “For You” tab is a page that curates information just for you. Here you can find upcoming events, tips on how to manage stress, links to job opportunities, volunteer/charity events, and much more.
The “Buses” tab will pull up a map of campus bus routes as well a list of nearby stops. A helpful tool for getting around the Columbus campus.
As a new student, the 'Campus' section under the 'More' tab may be the most helpful tool on the Ohio State app for your first couple weeks. Here you can search and find buildings on a map, parking garages, dining halls, and libraries. All of the essentials for your first week or two of learning a new campus.
Resources to remember: