Tech Tutoring With Student Mentors
Got a question about tech at Ohio State? Ask us!
There are a lot of tech tools that support your learning at Ohio State, like CarmenCanvas, Microsoft Office 365 and Digital Flagship technology kits. You might be new to using these, or your classes might require you to use features you're not familiar with. That's when tech tutoring can help.
Student Mentors are fellow students who have worked with Ohio State staff to become pros at using learning tools from around the university. They can help you get started with your Digital Flagship iPad or help you decide what program is best for making a video project. They can assist you in finding information on anything tech related at Ohio State.
You've got two options for tech tutoring with a Student Mentor: asking your question over chat or scheduling a one-on-one Zoom meeting. Read more about both options below.
Live Chat in Teams
If you want to reach a Student Mentor more quickly, request to chat on Microsoft Teams.
Chat is a great for:
- questions about how to access online learning tools like CarmenCanvas or CarmenZoom
- specific questions about features or functions in a university-supported app or learning tool
- questions about Digital Flagship
How to Chat:
- Download Teams on your device. You can choose Teams for desktop, Teams for iOS, Teams for Android or download it from Self Service on a Digital Flagship iPad.
- Use your Buckeyemail address and Ohio State password to sign in. See the Teams sign-in instructions for step-by-step help.
- Fill out the chat request form below and a Student Mentor will message you on Teams.
Monday to Thursday: 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Live chat can only be requested during business hours.
If you want to go more in-depth or walk through a process step-by-step, you can also meet with a Student Mentor over Zoom.
Video consultations are great for:
- help navigating university-supported apps and online learning tools
- discussing what technology is available for creating digital projects
- learning how to use a Digital Flagship iPad
How to Connect:
- Follow instructions to download and sign in to Zoom for desktop or the Zoom mobile app.
- Choose a meeting time through the form below. If you encounter issues completing the form, email firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will work with you within one business day to set up an appointment on your behalf.
- Follow the meeting link sent to you by the Student Mentor.