Terms and Conditions: 2019 iPad Wallpaper Contest
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: All Ohio State undergraduate students are eligible to enter their designs. Faculty, Staff and graduate students are ineligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of OSU as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Wednesday, February 28, 2019, and ending 8 a.m. Monday, April 1 2019. All online entries must be received by 8 a.m. Monday, April 1 2019.
- How to Enter: Designs must be submitted online at go.osu.edu/df2019wallpaper along with a completed application form.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest will receive an Amazon gift card valued at $100. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for OSU to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by the Digital Flagship selection committee. Winner will be notified by Friday, April 26, 2019, within 10 days following selection of Winner. OSU shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Representation by You: By entering your wallpaper design(s), You represent and warrant that all of your entries are an original work of authorship, and do not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless OSU from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which OSU may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this wallpaper content, You understand and agree to grant OSU and its licensees, successors, and assigns, the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: OSU reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest for any reason whatsoever.
- Limitation of Liability:By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless OSU and its representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Governing Law: This Contest is governed by the laws of Ohio, without respect to conflict of law doctrines.
- You must be 18 to Enter.