Workforce Development with Ohio's TechCred Program
The Ohio State University is excited to partner with local businesses to provide workforce development opportunities through Ohio's TechCred program.
Join the community of more than 3,000 Buckeyes from all walks of life who’ve started their coding journey with us, completing self-paced courses on their schedule and building skills that have never been more valuable.
Learn more about our Swift Coding and App Development courses and the application process below.
This four-course series is designed to make it easy for people from all backgrounds to get started coding and developing apps in Apple's Swift coding language and to walk away with both a certificate and real-world skills. No experience with coding required.
More about the program:
- Self-paced curriculum means particpants can move through lessons on their schedule, speeding through what comes easily and spending more time in areas that they want to develop.
- Courses are fully online so you or your team can complete lessons from anywhere.
- All courses must be completed in order.
- Use of a Mac computer is required to complete course material.
Once participants have completed the courses, they can take their new skills and go on to complete Apple's Swift certification as a compliment to their Ohio State credential.
Swift Coding and App Development Level 1: Start to code with Swift by applying Swift coding basics and logic, using Xcode (Apple's free app-building tool), explore coding and app development in today's job market, and build a very basic app. Non-credit certificate earned upon successful completion.
Swift Coding and App Development Level 2: Build your first app by applying design thinking, engaging in feedback and testing, and building on basic Swift skills. Non-credit certificate earned upon successful completion.
Swift Coding and App Development Level 3: Advance your coding skills by digging more deeply into custom user-interface design strategies, exploring privacy and security, identifying key requirements for accessibility and discovering the role of file systems and databases. Non-credit certificate earned upon successful completion. (Coming soon)
Swift Coding and App Development Level 4: Bring your app to life in this capstone course by developing a business proposal, identifying implications of intellectual property, and finally applying all you've learned in all four courses. Non-credit certificate earned upon successful completion. (Coming soon)
How to get started
- Familiarise yourself with the TechCred program guidelines.
- Submit your TechCred application on the Ohio.gov website. Helpful information below.
- Search 'Swift Coding and App Development' to find the program in the credential list.
- Training cost is $300 for course 1 and $400 for course 2.
- Select 'The Ohio State University' as the name of the training provider.
- Select 'University' as the type of training provider.
- Complete the Digital Flagship details form so we can best assist you and provide access to the course. Submission of this form assumes that all Tech Cred required steps, application, and approvals are complete.
- Within the form you can let us know if you'd like to have a consultation with our staff prior to being added to the course.
- Email email@example.com with questions.